Tuesday 13 September 2016

23thingsEdUni

My name is Denise Dewar and I have recently started at Edinburgh University as a seconded teaching fellow in Physical Education.  I have worked at Peebles High school as a PE teacher for the past 10 years so it is a big change!

Thing1
I have never blogged before and so I thought I would try the 23ThingsEdUni program to widen my digital knowledge and skills using the digital tool available.  I hope I might start to blog about other topic that interest me in the future.

I was aware of the University's social media guidelines as coming from the teaching profession, this is obviously something I have to be very aware of.  I think the guidelines are clear and pretty much common sense.  I think it is important to have these clear guidelines in place for both staff and students as then everyone knows what is acceptable use and can feel more confident when using it in appropriate ways.

I am a bit unsure if I have tagged this correctly!  Are labels the same as tags?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise,

    Welcome to 23 Things! Yes your tag/label is working perfectly. I know this because your post came up on the community blog with no problems. :)

    If you're interested in how others have been finding the Things this week, you can see their posts up on the community blog too. http://www.23things.ed.ac.uk/category/23-things-syndicated/

    ReplyDelete